place to say! no 1 2 hear

Friday, February 04, 2005

Humans are very much human

yes, and it sound obvious. :)
we do lot of rat racing, we fight like dogs , we look for scapegoat but still are very much human. whatever religion, breed, class, race or country we do segregate our self. If things don’t work as we wish, we blame for the easiest escape, blame one that has high probability to do so.

I remember the day in Hyderabad (India) when one of my roommate had arnd 1000Rs ($20) missing from his wallet, and we blamed our house maid, in and out. Didnt even gave it a thought, that they too have self-respect or conscious. Bcoz she was the most probable one to do so.

Don’t we all work on probabilities or averages too much, with no humanism involved.
if a bike and pedestrian met an accident, whom to blame .. of course one on bike, he must be rashing on bike at high speed. Do we ever bother to listen whether the pedestrian was doing his crossing properly?
if a merc and small car collide, we blame merc straight, claiming loudly that this rich fellows never cares for small cars. If its communal riot we favor our community. If its a theft we blame poor, because they are the most probable to do so.

By the way, I got my lesson pretty soon, which prompted me to write something like this. When I moved out of India to work for a firm in Cyprus, One day my security manager called me and gave me shock of my life, that I have a serious charge against me, imagine what ? some gals have seen me playing with their purses during an office party and later they found some 10 ~ 15CYP (~$40) missing from their wallets, moreover they claimed they had evidences as well to support it, and that’s how they could identify me with my name. I was helpless, and had to wait for police investigation. Few days later, they took back their charge, after inspecting the pics they realized the guy was wearing some green color shirt while I was in white. It must have been very easy for them also to blame indians for this, we are from a poorer country, and that make it very obvious and logical.
But are we different, they blamed me and I uttered, it must have been some Bangladeshi.
"As humans are very much human" and no way close to "being Humane".

2 Comments:

  • Chigs its a good try !! Hmm you didn't tell us that u'r blamed for stealing . I'm sure it must have hurt you , for sure I am aghast.

    By Blogger Aseem Rawat, at 10:46 PM  

  • Such experiences, provided one learns from them, are necessary lessons in life to evolve us into better beings. Along with the baser traits, we all possess elements of virtue, charity philanthropy which frequently impedes the recognition of treachery in others. The old adage, "Judge not for fear of being (yourself) judged", is not entirely meritorious. Many righteously guilty escape detection (and are encouraged further toward other profitable scams) when the benefit of doubt is too readily (mis)applied. Therefore, the saying should read, "Judge not HASTILY for fear of being HASTILY judged"! I'm sure at one time or another, we've all been guilty of that. And, YES! It is certainly embarrassing when the shoe is on the other foot, i.e., Ours!

    But in World Politics, it's a very different matter. One sees accusations being hurled back and forth between nations (whether truthful or not!) which, along with some appropriately packaged propaganda and media support formulates justification to embark on a predisposed route of conformance with National/Foreign policy. But unlike the petty differences between two misunderstanding individuals, which more than likely could easily be resolved by a simple, "I am sorry", here, on a much bigger scale, the political differences/ambitions amongst our profiteers and leaders, has historically been reliant on for support and furthered by the sacrificial blood, sweat, tears, lives, possessions, servitude of the misinformed middle and lower economic classes: WE AS WELL AS THE FUTURE GENERATIONS PAY THE BILL LATER!

    I apologize for these sobering (boring?) comments. But I believe these to be true and valid. THE ONE ACCUSATORY FINGER WE (UNJUSTLY) POINT AT OTHERS, THERE ARE THREE OF OUR OWN POINTING BACK AT US, AND ONE UP TOWARD HIM WHO TRULY POSSESSES ALL KNOWLEDGE. Peace!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home